Early childhood education is one of the toughest challenges of distance learning. Early childhood education is described as a level that children must undergo before they begin compulsory education at primary school. These formative years of a child is crucial and demands great effort and attention to focus on.
Teaching a preschool at home requires a lot of patience. Expect struggles and a bunch of tries – it’s completely okay. To aid you on your journey to teach your kids at home, here are the academic skills your preschooler should know by the time she is ready to head into kindergarten. By that time, your child should be able to:
- name the letters of the alphabet.
- sit and listen to a book.
- retell events from a favorite story.
- draw and write shapes and letters.
- write his first name.
- label drawings.
- tell a story through drawing and/or writing.
- sort objects.
- make simple patterns.
- name shapes.
- identify numerals 1-10.
- count to 20.
- speak clearly and in complete sentences.
- take turns talking.
- listen to and follow instructions.
- identify emotions and feelings.
- engage in activities for 15 minutes or more.
- follow rules.
- play well with others.
- hold pencils, crayons, and scissors properly.
One of the helpful instructional materials to use at home to train our preschool students are worksheets. Good thing, resources can be made accessible easily by DepEd Commons.
Check out these worksheets designed for beginning learners: https://icedrive.net/1/9dLAwI2zgi
More premium learning materials at Education PH, your reliable partner for learning and success. Sa halagang P499/year, makakadownload ka na ng mga premium learning materials para sa iyong anak o estudyante.